Wednesday 4 September 2013

OOTD: Highland Fling

 photo 2013-08-303_zpsfbede710.jpg  photo TartanDressFace_zps0bc8680e.jpg  photo 2013-08-306_zps764dabe6.jpg  photo TartanDressBracelets_zps2ef63bcc.jpg  photo 2013-08-304_zps851c6e4d.jpg  photo TartanDress-bag_zps0e8a26db.jpg  photo 2013-08-305_zps55c9e6f9.jpg



September is my favourite month, I love the start of a new school term (second year of university for me- scary stuff!), the Autumnal clothes in the shops, and the fact that it's my birthday in less than 2 weeks. This year I can't wait to embrace Autumn by layering up and toning down the colour palette of my wardrobe. The first trend I will be championing is definitely the tartan trend. I'm sure many of you have noticed the tartan trend creeping slowly into the high street this season- I certainly have, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on some tartan myself!

This dress is from River Island and is only £25 so if you love it then make sure you get it before it sells out! At first I wasn't sure if I could work it, as I wanted to keep the dress preppy, rather than look like a 6-year old or too punky, and I think I've got it just right. The preppy 'geek chic' look is definitely making a come back this season and this dress captures both dress perfectly. I paired it with my Zara studded ankle boots from last year, a pair of frilly socks from Topshop and my beloved Cambridge Satchel. I think the accessories really pull the look together and I can't wait to wear this dress to my university lectures. A chunky cream cardigan would be the perfect addition to this outfit for when the weather gets a bit chillier! 

Will you be embracing tartan this season? I have a few more tartan purchases that will be making their way onto my blog soon so look out for them! 

xxx

Dress- River Island (link)
Boots- Zara
Socks- Topshop
Satchel- Cambridge Satchel Company
Watch- River Island
Screw Detail Bangle- Bought on Holiday
'Love' Bangle- River Island
Midi Ring- River Island
Thumb Ring- River Island
Pearl Earrings- Forever 21




25 comments:

  1. Love this dress. It's such a good price!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit, tartan always makes me think of autumn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a wonderful outfit, i love it! i completely agree about loving september! most people usually hate it but i'm about to start university so it's all very exciting and like you, it's my birthday in a couple of weeks so i'm very much looking forward to it! i think this whole outfit is spot on for autumn dressing. i can't wait to start layering up and choosing some darker colours for my wardrobe. i also think this outfit is perfect for university, it's casual but not too laid back. those boots are really lovely as well! i can't wait to try and recreate this wonderful look! :) X

    http://theenglishgirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look, you're gorgeous!
    Your blog is great too, going back to check out past posts now!

    Kendra
    xx

    Blog: Stolen Inspiration
    Instagram: KendraAlexandra
    Facebook: StolenInspiration

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous. I love this dress, especially the collar detail. So pretty x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look so on trend
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4/9/13 15:32

    LOVE this Phoebes. Would look cute with tights & black loafers when we're back at uni too!! xxx

    www.evafelicityblogs.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so lovely in this! I really think i'm going to have to get that dress! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, such a beautiful dress & you look so lovely <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Graet blog Phoebe- I love the layout! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're such a cutie! love your curls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow love the dress

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look amazing dear and I looove the dress!

    Btw, I'm following you on Bloglovin now! Hope you'll follow me back! <3

    http://memyselfandmycloset.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous8/9/13 10:23

    I love your dress...its so unique. Hope we can follow each other at http://aeroplaneandapparel.blogspot.com or http://www.facebook.com/aeroplaneandapparel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love love love the dress! It is adorable!

    elinorelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love love love the dress! It is adorable!

    elinorelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous outfit. You have incredible style and your hair is literally perfect!

    Katie <3

    I'm having a re-design on my blog and would love for you to stop by and let me know what you think and where I could make improvements!

    www.desperatelyseekingfreedom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This dress might be the cutest thing I've ever seen, love it you look stunning!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look so pretty!

    This dress is amazing, love all the different colors of tartan around at the moment as well

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This dress! Oh my goodness, it is the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete